Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
08 9-3 vert. Can’t seem to figure this one out. When I open my convertible top, it retracts fine and the tonneau cover lifts up and pulls back to make space for the top.As soon as the top retracts fully, it seems to sit a little high and doesn’t fall completely into the storage compartment. At that point, I get the message on the dash, manual operation only. The top will eventually fall down into the storage compartment after a few seconds. At that point, everything stops and the tonneau cover won’t come up and close, it stays pulled back. I can manually pull the top back into place and once I do that I can control the top again with the switch. The tonneau will retract back into position mechanically when closing the top. Any help would be much appreciated! PS fluid level checks out fine.
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle

·
Registered
8 Posts
My top gets to the position shown in your pic and then gives me the manual operation message. Out of frustration, I clicked the top down toggle about 10 times and then it cooperated, closing fully. Somewhere in the back of my mind I remember something about an oil reservoir for the top. Gonna check that out and see if topping off the oil will alleviate the issue.

I know this doesn't help you, but I wanted to follow this thread also to see how your issue gets resolved. Good luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My top gets to the position shown in your pic and then gives me the manual operation message. Out of frustration, I clicked the top down toggle about 10 times and then it cooperated, closing fully. Somewhere in the back of my mind I remember something about an oil reservoir for the top. Gonna check that out and see if topping off the oil will alleviate the issue.

I know this doesn't help you, but I wanted to follow this thread also to see how your issue gets resolved. Good luck.
saw a you tube on fluid level, still need to fill mine to find out if it works. Your description sounds fluid related, and seems to me it doesn't breath correctly releasing the top the last little bit by perhaps a siphon like lock up. Fluid pushes and fluid releases or not...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Late 08 and 09 verts have faulty position sensors on the main cylinder. Tech2 will show main up and main down at the same time. Expensive part to buy new. Done 4 cars so far.

·
Registered
4 Posts
good to know about that sensor, what about a 2002 air bag light? This a 93 se 2.0t air bag passenger side key makes no difference on the light so I guess it is the driver side light that is staying on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts