Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, the anti lock/tcs lights came on today,when the ignition is turned off and keys removed there is still a buzzing sound comming from the right hand side of the engine bay, every time i've parked up i've had to disconnect the battery just to stop the buzzing, not sure what is at fault,i'm crossing my fingers and hoping its not another expensive job, any help advice would be very much appreciated.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Very strange one, The only things I can think of are the likes of the headlight wipers and headlight levelers, but these are fed with ignition power and would go of with the ignition.
May be worth checking all the same.
Good luck.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Hi,
The only thing I know which buzzes after the ignition circuit has been switched off is the DI cassette. It fires "a shower of sparks" (SAAB manual words) to clean each cylinder of traces of unburned fuel. I wonder if this is what it is?
Steve

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
don't think its the wipers or anything like that, it is the buz that is made when you turn the ignition on but normally stops after a few seconds, mine for some reason keeps on constant, so i'm still disconnecting the battery ... i am assuming because the anti lock/tcs ctrl are lit that maybe the problem is with the tcs, i've searched the forums but as of yet no luck, cheers anyway guys

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i will have a look at the relays, and give em a bash would be great if it is that simple, this old carly has cost me an arm and a leg in the last year so changing a relay or two would be great, i'll try later and post the results. thanks again for your thoughts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.