Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how the small plastic connectors at the end of the fuel lines that go into the top of the pump come off?
Do they pull off if so how hard do you pull?,and do new one's push on I take,I tried to pull of the old ones,(cause someone's made connections at the top of the pump) by christ it's hard.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Jon,
I had the same problem and got over it by cutting the old connecter off then using some plastic fuel hose to bridge onto the plastic line and the connector,8000miles so far and no leaks
Mike

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No no no,not heat as naked flame,I mean to say heat gun or hairdryer.
Thats unless I can pull/push them off which looks to me like doubtfull,I changed pumps over and still nothing (I know mine works) but when I tried to start mine up with the (what I thought was the nackered pump) it wouldn't.
Plus I know Iv'e hardly any "juice" in mine but it starts,but the sender guage on the "faulty" pump must be gone because it said I had half a tank which is wrong.
Do you think it could be dirty/clogged injectors,can they be taken out and cleaned,because it's either not getting enough fuel to start properly or well I was going to say not a good spark,but it's starts fine it just wont run,this is a real head scratcher I tell ya,I could be something so simple but god know's what.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes I know what you mean,but if it can't be pulled/pushed off/on is there another way which it can go on.
I know this still a very dodgy way of fixing,but how would Saab/or a garage do it?

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
[expletive deleted] I forgot to say,could it be the ignition relay? if so where is it,or would I go no spark at all if it was that.
Y'know I just wondering,the fuel pump off the faulty car was reading (on the guage) about just under 1/4 tank left,when I put that same pump in mine it told me I had nearly half a tank,like I said before I know Iv'e hardly any fuel in mine (the good one,but enough to start it)
I'm just wondering if the petrol in the faulty car is so low it's reading just above the red when actually there maybe none it at all,I hope I'm explaining that right,I think I'll go and a couple of gallons and put it in just for the hell of it,and see what happens.

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
cut them off and replace them with a suitable fuel grade rubber pipe and clips..yes it does not look as elegant but it does work.and it will go back in the fuel tank
and yes noo heat/naked flames
...heat gun has enough temp to ignite fuel to air mix..remember model glow plug engines

·
Registered
260 Posts
In this saga, have you tried the ignition switch itself? It's just a thought that the different systems may pick up a feed from the start circuit under cranking, then loose it when the key returns to the run position?
Pete.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts