Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The mechanic reckons that one of the power trannies has gone. This causes the petrol to be injected in a jet not a spray on one cylinder only. This lead to the head gasket blowing and overheating and the loss of the turbo through overheting. Not bad for on transitor. I have had the head re skimmed and the turbo repaired but we are having problems getting the computer fixed or replaced. Any thoughts

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Originally posted by David Cook:
[qb]Could any of you kind people let me know where I can get the computer for my 97 9000 i repaired in the UK or failing that a replacement.  
 [/qb][/b]
Several places will sell you a 2nd hand ecu.

Exchange and mart probably has 20 saab only breakers advertising ecu's.

Andrew
Who went through all of them...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Is this the same computer that you see the readouts of MPG, outside temp, miles left in the tank etc? 'cause mine has dissapeared! In that it no longer displays anything. Its a '94 9000 CSE lpt.

The rest of the dash is bright e.g I can see if a door is open on the picture of a car.
I'm hoping it's just a bulb!! In which case I need a new topic on how to replace it.

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Is this the same computer that you see the readouts of MPG, outside temp, miles left in the tank etc? 'cause mine has dissapeared! In that it no longer displays anything. Its a '94 9000 CSE lpt.  [/b]
Judging by the comments about repairs further up, I'd say it's the Trionic T5 that's gone belly up.

You could always do a bodge temp fix and disconnect and fire the always on injector by jumping it to the preceeding injector in the firing sequence (1,3,4,2) so that one fires both.(while the misfiring one would be on it's exhaust stroke as opposed to intake).

Andrew

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Originally posted by Rik2U:
[qb]Is this the same computer that you see the readouts of MPG, outside temp, miles left in the tank etc? 'cause mine has dissapeared!  In that it no longer displays anything.  Its a '94 9000 CSE lpt.  

The rest of the dash is bright e.g I can see if a door is open on the picture of a car.
I'm hoping it's just a bulb!! In which case I need a new topic on how to replace it. [/qb][/b]
Do you have an analogue clock in your car?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.