Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My trip computer display at the bottom of the speedo, is now not working. It was fine yesterday, but this morning nothing, it is just blank. I have checked all the fuses but they all seem fine.

any ideas ?

·
Registered
240 Posts
if yours is a later car it probably has 2 bulbs. Chances are that 1 of them went ages ago and no-one noticed. Now the other has gone ... you can't see it at all! It is possible to change the right hand one from under the dash, which will suffice if you don't fancy taking off the dash top and removing the instrument cluster.

Tapping the dash might bring it back to life temporarily, which would prove whether it is bulbs or not.

·
Registered
129 Posts
When mine went, it was the bulbs. I thought the display was completely out too, until I noticed that in bright light, I could still see the display. Maybe try shining a flashlight on it to see if it shows up at all?

If you determine it is the bulbs, there's a procedure on Quasi's site at Instrument Cluster that details getting to the EDU bulbs. It's a bit of a pain, but not too horrible.

Mike
'93 9000 CDE n/a auto
155K miles

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.