Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Probably a daft question, but it's really starting to bug me now so any help appreciated. Yesterday, check engine light came on and flashing fault code revealed error 6 - oxygen sensor problem. Had car connected to local tech2 unit and diagnosis confirmed as oxygen sensor -current out of range. Tech2 was used to clear the fault so no more check engine light flashing, but my question is this....driving today, i've had no re-occurence of problem, no check engine light, but presumably the oxygen sensor is still playing up so why no further warning?. Does the unit have a memory of flagged faults and is able to discrminate between an old reported fault and a new event?? Or is my oxygen sensor really faulty????? who knows.....

·
Registered
16,524 Posts
We had a CEL on the 9-3SS. Went straight in to dealer and onto Tech2. Fault was oxygen/lambda sensor. It was removed and cleaned and has been OK since. Could be that yours is just at the dirty end of "clean enough" at the moment?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.