Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know if the samsung U600 is compatible wth the Saab 2008 convertible bluetooth system.

·
Registered
244 Posts
i thought the system just recognised bluetooth devices ... I have 3 so far attahed OK
8800 blackberry, Sony Ericson W380i and a nokia E71 - all worked OK, i just set the car to discovery and then used the blue tooth on the phone to pair ..... seems to work OK
with the nokia e71 I had to go into the bluetooth settings and force it to do a new pairing ..... as it was already paired with my laptop..

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers etaf, but how does the phone charge up,my phone does not have any contacts on it top or bottom

·
Registered
244 Posts
if i need it I use the cigar lighter and a cable to charge the phone, only done that with the sony - the other phones have lasted a 41/2 hour drive - london - preston, with normal usage
so its not charged in the car at all,

·
Registered
244 Posts
is this the cradel in the pocket (armrest) between the chairs - I have never used it all ...... as it needed a mount for the type of phone I had , and I knew i would be having multiple phones ...
Also in the pocket between the seats is a cigar lighter an di use that - theres a grove in the side panel - so you can have a cable comeout with the lid closed

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have the samsung G600 which I suspect will be similar. The phone connects no problem so you can use most of the features, ie record names etc. But on mine you cannot access the phonebook via the bluetooth. Looking at the list of compatable phones I suspect most of the samsung phones have this problem.

Here is the link to the list of compatable phones

http://www.saab.co.uk/main/pdf/accessories/GB/en/TEL4.pdf

1 - 9 of 9 Posts