Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello again form Australia.
Y=Thanks to all who replied to my question about fuel level and the warning light.
I am on the 'ask' again. This time I desperatly need help with a name or part number for a coolant hose.
I have a 1986, 9000T16, with the normal Bosch injection and Hall effect ignition.
There is a coolant hose that runs from the head (between #3 & #4) inlet side of the head, down to a t-piece about 25cm from turbo (between the turbo and the air-filter box). This t-piece has 2 hoses running from it, one larger one to the tappet cover, and a smaller one at 90 degrees to the first which connects to the position on the head. I have been quoted up to AU$200 for this piece of hose.
It is only has an internal diameter the size of my little finger, and only about 40cm long. That equals about $500 a metre. It isn't gold lined is it??
Does anyone know what this hose is called.
I don't want to try to use just normal heater hose as the angle at the head is fairly sharp and a normal hose may collapse when hot and kapow...
The after market suppliers heer tell me it is a genuine part only, but surely they can't justify charging that for any hose of this size.
Apart from this, we are happy with the Saab.
It's funny actually, I bought it for my wife and she ahs yet to learn how to drive a manual....
hahaha I get all the fun. wooosh...
Chris

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank-you wessy,
The number will definatly help
If the exchange rate is Ok that is definatly better than the 200+ I have been quoted, and if not I may get you to post me a little 'gift' so to speak.
Regards
Chris

·
Registered
411 Posts
On more than one car I've owned previously I have worked around the sharply-angled bends in OEM hoses by using straight bits of hose firmly clamped to metal angle bits to make up the pipe I needed. I've even brazed together metal pipes to give me the exact shape I needed. All that's important is that whatever is in the pipe gets to where it needs to be without leaking.
QED, and cheap, too!!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes I had thought that could be done too. Guess I just have to think out-side the square occasionally.
Pity we don't have an equivellent to europarts here in Aus. If anyone knows of a cheap Sweedish parts supplier down here let me know. I am not going to phone ell the ones I can find to see who is the most competitive, it would cost a fortune.
Chris

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.