Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my acc.unit is blowing cold air only ,it does not matter what temp.you set it to....cold air.i have removed and cleaned the small fan on the dash and reset the acc still cold air.the unit is showing no error codes,can anyone suggest a cure.cheers zep.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Are you losing coolant?

Does your nose detect a sweet odor in the cabin of the car?

Although I'm not familiar with ACC, it sounds like your heater core has failed. The only cure is to replace the core. Some suggest doing the blower motor at the same time as it's a [expletive deleted] of a job.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Despite the ACC giving no error codes I'd be inclined to suspect the stepper motor that operates the heat mixer flap. You should be able to see the control arm for the flap if you take the lid off the false bulkhead panel. It is down below the heater matrix. Get someone to switch the panel from LO to HIGH while you watch the control arm and look out for it moving.
Early ACC models had a habit of breaking the control arm off the flap. The whole heater assembly had to come out to replace it but I believe that Saab subsequently produced a repair kit which could be fitted with it in situ.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well,its now producing warm,not hot air, set at 70 degrees,which is a slight improvement.this happened before and sorted itself.i am thinking it might be the control unit that is faulty.what does the panel think.nearly forgot,i am loosing no oolant.

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
I take it you've run a recalibrate on it.

Failing that, the little rod that controls the air flap (either over the heating radiator or not) has been known to snap.

A quick dab of super glue can cure.

Andrew

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, problem solved and you aint gonna beleive this. When I got the car, i got one of thoes air fresheners that has liquid in it and a wick which I attached to the center vent above the acc unit. This then leaked into the unit which I took apart and cleaned. Tonight, I again dismantled the unit to find the liquid in the air freshener had actually corroded the plastic that the screws go into. When I opened the unit, I could hear this rattling and when I investigated further loads of black plastic fell out. After much difficulty ( and silver tape) I re-assembled and everything is working fine. So a word of warning. Dont affix one of these bloody air fresheners above ACC unit. Thanks for all your replies.

·
Registered
480 Posts
So a word of warning. Dont affix one of these bloody air fresheners above ACC unit. Thanks for all your replies.  [/b]
I'll echo that Zeppelin, i had a liquid air freshener above the SID, CD head unit. On a hot day the liquid boiled, and ran down the right hand side of the SID and head unit, stripping the grey plastic coat off down to the black plastic underneath

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the worrying thing is,the initial leak was more than a year ago so this liquid has been eating away at the plastic since then,i dont hold out much hope on the acc. lasting much longer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.