Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently finished installation of my cold air intake from Saabnation. Ended up using the filter and a 3 inch tube to the rubber host inlet for the turbo tube.

The car seems to idle funny..around 1500 just off acceleration at times, then it will slowly go back to normal..around 900 to 1000 rpm. Is this normal?

I'm using the hyperboost bypass valve in its original stock configuration to recirc boost off deacceleration back into the intake.

Has anyone else had to plug off the intake where the bypass normally connects to? Then use a filter on the bypass?

DC

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here's a laugh for anyone that may be reading...
I call it "dopey me".

Finally got a chance to talk with the company about the cool air intake I installed...

While explaining to them the preparation I took before installing the intake, I mentioned that I cleaned the air filter, and sprayed it with the k&n oil from a previous k&n kit I had.

The phone went silent for some reason.., then after a small pause he returned to the phone.

Apparently his system air filter, although same color and appearance, dosen't come with a k&n type filter.., just a regular paper type. Guess that will do wonders to an engine trying to breathe... My guess is that he was laughing during the short pause on the phone, and had to contain himself before returning for continued discussion.

So the morale of the story is... don't spray your regular filters (paper type) with k&n oil....as it tends to clog or prevent the motor from breathing properly.

Back to the old one temporarily.

Regards

DC

1 - 4 of 4 Posts