Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I reqire a replacement 'radio key' for a Cobra Alarm System. I've 'heard' that its going to be a problem as they have gone 'bust' but there must be something i can do .Anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Oh bugger!! Mine has a Cobra alarm. There is a firm which advertises in the Saab Owners' Club mag "Driver" who offer service for Cobra Alarms. I was going to contact them for a spare override key.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Can't help on sourcing Cobra alarm parts except to say that I'm seriously thinking of chucking mine away. It is reluctant to arm a lot of the time (the neighbours think I'm in some strange cult, very often circling the car and gesticulating wildly before locking up for the night) and also has an endearing habit of re-arming itself as I drive past the security hut on my way out of the works carpark. Does anyone else live with this sort of nonsense, is there anything that can be done or should I give up and buy a good one ? My car is a 9000cs 2.0lpt and in most respects excels itself...so I'm not keen to have it pinched but the alarm is getting hard to live with.

·
Registered
706 Posts
I had a Cobra fitted to my last car and it caused nothing but problems, drained battery quicker than a 3 bar electric fire, had trouble arming and disarming etc. Wiring was also a bloody mess!

JD.
I'm not sure of the model of alarm fitted to Aero's etc (the name AEA or similar sounds familiar!) but after '95 they came with a factory fitted 'Catagory 2' immobilizer, or at least the Aero's did.

Skiddins

·
Registered
11,343 Posts
Father had a Cobra alarm on his GM900 - he had nothing but problems aswell. Press button to arm alarm/immobiliser and lock ....
...and watch the car lock itself and then unlock itself.

Rubbish.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.