Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
u lookin for the resevior to fill? Do you have ABS on your 87? If not, the UNIT will be on the drivers side..straight down and sunken back in against the fire-wall, a real PITA if you ever hafta replace one. The Filling spot however is right at the top, kinda a yellowish container with a wire on the lid. Hope this helps ya. Good Luck

UPDATE: as soon as i posted i realized : D 'OH : not the brakes, the clutch! Silly me....sorry, well there that info is..lol as for clutch, i'll hafta double check...but i DO believe it does run off the same resevior as the brakes. (it's a Hydrolic Clutch)

·
Registered
243 Posts
The clutch hydrolics do run off the same resevoir as the brakes. The master cylinder is under the plastic cover between the fluid resevoir and the windshield but that's not where you bleed it. You bleed from the slave. You can see the bleed valve by standing on the drivers side and look down past the distributor to the top of the clutch housing. You will need to pressurize the resevoir to bleed it. I'm in the middle of putting my oil pan back in right now so I can't give you more details at the moment but someone will be able to help. You might do a search on this site as it's a very common question.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Joe,
It sounds like there is still air in the system. Did you beed the clutch with a pressurised syestem?. When I did this you could just watch all the air bubbles come out into a waste pipe and keep on going until no more appeared. I found this a quick job to do and the pedal was fine afterwards. The description in the Haynes manual for this proceedure is good.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts