Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having probs selecting gears.See previous post.
Engine running....clutch pedal down....select gear(leaving pedal pressed down) a definate grating noise when any gear is selected.
Not particularly noisy, but a definate scraping/grating noise.
Does this mean clutch?
What kind of cost does a new clutch cost(fitted?)

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Paul I had a clutch fitted last week Saab Parts

Clutch Kit £138
Oil Seal £18
Slave cylinder £66
Plus Vat and Labour around 3 hours I think, I had a few other jobs done at the same time

That was on an Aero

·
Registered
224 Posts
I did it myself on my old 2.0 CD, it wasn't too bad, and even without a centering tool the gearbox went on first time (talk about lucky...). I haven't done it on the carlsson but it looks the same.

Good luck!

Harry

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
£350 quote over the phone from Indy Saab soecilaist. Includes use of car for week+ 'cos they cant do it immediatley. This is top end nightmare scenario...could be cheaper.

As for doing it myself.......actually would like to give it ago, but only have the 1 car and so by the time I rented a car (for the week+) it would take me to do.....plus parts....your looking at £250+
If it had happened last weekend I had the whole week on half term...would have done it (attempted! )then....typical. (that could be a blessing in disguise!!!)

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
I did one of mine last year, and have another to do this year. Just waiting for it to die completely....

I have tried WD40 as per my dealers req as it may be the splies getting rusty as I use that car too infrequently

Andrew

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
did a clutch on a 2.3 turbo last year end cost £115 or there about's was not 2 bad a job ither do'nt know if this is same as carlson or not but i got part from g&s or euro icant remember which as i got one for my audi 200t at the same time.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Do not know if related, but I had this problem 2 year ago, and it was a hole in the pipe from the clutch pedal to the clutch (initially hard to see ), when depressed, fluid came flying out hence no pressure at plates for seperating, ended in no gears being able to be selected.

·
Registered
471 Posts
This is probably not relevant, but when I had a 9000i I had a similar grinding noise and it was the clutch release bearing. I can't really remember the cost as it was 9 years ago, but everything used to cost about £100 ish.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Took it in yesterday....looking at it on wednesday. Initial thoughts were breaking teeth? on plate (cant remember exactly what he said...at this point my head was well into the sand...............)
At least Utd on TV tonight will cheer me up............

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.