Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Not been in long as I have spent all afternoon stuck in that carpark known as the M25. Unfortunately because of continually starting/stopping and riding the clutch for over 4 hours while stuck in traffic , something went on the clutch.

Have managed to get the car home, but have no clutch, so have had drive home very slowly, forcing the car into gear - god knows what damage it's done to the gearbox, but as the roads were gridlocked, I wasn't prepared to wait until the M25 was re-opened at 10:00 tonight.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone can shine any light on exactly what's wrong with the car e.g. cable, hydraulics, clutch plate etc, and if its something I could do myself.

The symptoms are that the pedal itself seems to be fine, but I have no clutch control at all. If you ease/force the car into gear, you can drive the car, but cannot change gear other than by forcing the car into gear, or by applying pressure on the gear stick until the gearbox lines-up with the required gear.

Any ideas or info would be appreciated ,

Mark

·
Registered
187 Posts
not to sure what youre fault is but i recently had a full clutch kit, master and slave cylinder supplied and fitted for £345 which isnt so bad at least you know what to expect in the worse case scenarion HTH and good luck

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
If the clutch pedal is OK, then the master cylinder is probably also OK, and the problem lies beyond that with either:

- a leak in the system
- a faulty slave
- a fault in the release mechansim

Have you lost any fluid at all?

The master cylinder is relatively easy to change but unfortunately if it's the slave or release mechansim it's a gearbox out job to rectify

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Turns out that the Clutch hose had split. As soon as that was replaced, the clutch is as good as new. I didn't even realise my 9000 had a hydraulic clutch - shows my ingnorance

But thanks for the replies

Mark

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.