Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this has been covered before but I have a funnny problem,My clutch pedal travels all the way to the floor,reading the posts, I clamped the flexy hose from the master to slave cylinder,pedal was solid,bugger,slave cylinder gone I thought,but there is no sign of leakage and the pedal has now gone solid again,anyone any ideas what's causing this,air in system????

·
Super Moderator
2,709 Posts
You don't say whether you get any disengagement with the pedal fully down but I assume you don't. The fact that the pedal feel returned to normal after the pipe clamp trial would seem to suggest that it's not air in the system. More likely to be the slave cylinder not staying 'out' close to the thrust bearing and so giving a lot of lost motion. I have had a fair degree of lost motion with both my SAABs '92 9000 195k and '95 9000 LPT currently 205k. I mean to look at this every time I service it but never quite got round to it !

I do know that the 9000 ( and probably most SAABs ) are a pig to bleed. My local garage just reach for the EasyBleeder rather than faffing about.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts