Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a chance to give the aero a good 'run' on back roads between Moffat and Peebles en route to a wedding - excellent fun (I think the road was featured in one of the top routes to 'have a go' in the UK).
The Aero went like a train even with 4 on board but at the end of the journey I had to reverse up a tight/steep drive and managed to cook the clutch (i.e. it stank).
After that it started slipping in 2nd and 3rd on full load. Next day it was a bit better and seemed to cure itself over the next 400miles of driving on the way home.
Is it on it's way out or have I just glazed it with excess heat = potential full recovery?
Anyone else experienced similar?
Cheers!

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
My T16s had problems with clutch slip when I first got it. A few thousand miles of "gentle" driving managed yo remove the worst of the glazing and it now holds fine.

So, the answer is probably yes, it is recoverable.
The trick is to avoid purposely slipping the clutch as much as possible.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cheers - I do find I slip the clutch a bit more on the Aero than with other cars as at low revs/low gears, the gearing is a bit on the long side (1st and 2nd) - but it's also applying very little power through the clutch also.
I'll take it easy and lets hope it makes a full recovery as stage 3 is in the post

1 - 3 of 3 Posts