Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 9000 2.3 turbo 1992, and have replaced clutch kit,master,slave and fluid surply pipe from resovoir.all parts original saab but not purchased from saab(pipe was 2nd hand).any way after 500 (motorway) miles the slave failed so fitted new, again 500 miles latter slave failed again.on inspection of cylinders, no signs of scoreing, seals ok, but unit had come into two parts not fractured.I know that the design changed in 1992.my question is are the designs very diferent? could i have been surplied the wrong part and it have fitted and worked for a while.or am i crazy.the old slave was not identicle and i did call the surplier who surjested that it was not a saab part so wouldnt look the same.has anyone experinced this problem :

·
Registered
181 Posts
Hi I've never heard of this, but my clutch has been giving me a problem recently, engaging properly most of the time but now every 4th/5th change it's as if the release bearing isn't pushing the clutch in properly and I get a horrible scraping sound? is that familiar?
I'm going to take the box out this weekend to see if I can find the problem

HTH C

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.