Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read several posts here, but I don't see quite the same scenario I am experiencing. With a cold engine, my clutch pedal has about an inch of free travel before there is resistance and the clutch is engaged. By the time I arrive at work, the pedal feels normal (resistance all the way through the range of motion). Back in Dec. the clutch completely failed and both the master and slave cylinders were replaced. Here is one other piece of the puzzle: when I got home last night (good pressure) I looked at the fluid level in the reservoir. It was about 1/4" above the "Charged accumulator" line - I marked it with a pen. This AM before starting I looked at the level and it was maybe 1/2" below the top of the bottle or about an inch above last night's line. Again it took a 20 minute drive to get proper feel in the clutch. I say all of this not knowing where the level is supposed to reside "normally" I'm saving for a trip to come across the pond to London at the end of July so I hope there is a cheap fix here. Thanks as always - this site is the best.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
The brake fluid will be higher when engine left off for a while - it drops when ABS pump is run and accumulator is filled.

As for your clutch problem, I'd say that its air in the system - get it pressure bled and hopefully it will be OK. Mine was just the same but the air came from a leaky slave cyclinder that went pop a few weeks later!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.