Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Glad to be aboard Saabscene. I have a great 1996 Aero with 83K. Love the car but have a nagging clutch problem - pedal does not fully return after being depressed - have to tug it up with my toe. This year a Saab garage has done the following: Feb. replaced master cylinder and pressure line. Even worse after that. Feb. replaced slave cylinder and shift rod seal - also clutch while they were at it. Hardly worked at all after that. Apr. put in a new master cylinder as the one recently installed failed. The Aero shifts fine now,, but I still have to pull the pedal up the last 2 inches or so. Any thoughts? Perhaps a new garage? Thanks.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Similar problem I had, I then had the Slave Cylinder and Clutch and pipe between master and slave changed. Worked for a couple of days then the problem returned.
The garage said the new pressure level blew the master so that was then done.
The pedal is still stiff (jerks on the way up when cold).
The reason the cylinders go is because the rubber pipe breaks down and bits of rubber get into the seals, if your pipe was not changed this could be causing the problem to return.
/mvh

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not sure if it's proper to reply to your own post, but wanted to close out this problem. Finally have a fully operational clutch. Following advice as posted, had garage bleed again, but no joy. Wrote a note to Gen'l Mgr asking if this can be fixed. He called and arranged appointment. Garage had it for two days; found faulty slave cylinder, replaced it but now not even half pedal. Found that master cylinder holes not drilled in center of pressure line to slave so replaced master also. Summary: After three master and slave cylinders and assorted pipes/ hoses and return spring, it works! Hurrah! Thanks for your help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.