Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
88 9000 non turbo, manual.
I love Saabs [some of the time]
Driving back from the resturant, push down the clutch pedal and ....nothing. I suppose the master cylinder has gone? what I find strange is that the pedal is returning to its normal position.
Ideas??
Also anybody know someone in Derby in the UK where I could get it fixed at short notice on a saturday?? And whats thr price of a master cylinder these days?

rgds Mike

Thks

·
Registered
97 Posts
Mike,

Sounds like master cylinder is going/gone. When the master cylinder on my 9000 (1991XS about 135K at the time) on the way out it felt there was no resistance on the pedal as you pressed down. The problem developed gradually over a couple of months though. Normally with the clutch pedal, felt the resistance as soon as I pressed on the pedal, but as the thing started to go I had to push down further before feeling any resistance, until it reached the point that my foot was on the floor and I couldn't get the car into gear.

The part cost was in the region of £60, but I found it a tricky job to do. If the master cylinder is on the way out, my experience is that the slave cylinder, especially as your car is about the same vintage as mine will be about to go as well, and that is not a cheap job.

Check out the thread http://www.saabscene.co.uk/cgi-bin/ultimat...ic;f=2;t=001351

where we had a good discussion about master cylinder and related problems

Good luck

Gordon

1 - 4 of 4 Posts