Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have an '87 900 GLE (8 valve, non turbo) with an almost brand new clutch kit in it.. i think the new clutch kit has done around 5,000 Kms... the clutch in my '87 9000T as of yesterday is starting slip under havy loads... i was wondering whether the clutch kit out of the 900 would be useable, seeing as the 900 doesnt go anymore....
any help on this would be appreciated

·
Registered
122 Posts
I don't know if a 900 clutch fit on a 9000T, I don't think, as the loads on a 9000 are a lot heavyer than on a 900 8V. think you'd better buy one on www.eeuroparts.com, as they are not expensive, and their service is quite good. I've been using them to provide parts for me in france, and they really do fast without any trouble.And, as you are doing it, I may say that you have to change the clutch disc and mecanism, as a matter of fact,as you could have troubles with the ather parts. It would be costless than redoing the clutch several times. But I think billJ could give you better advice, as the answers he gave me are complete and really USEFULL. Expect having helped you !. Laurent

·
Registered
122 Posts
the prices on EEuroparts are the following :
Clutch kit ( inluding clutch disc, pressure plate, Throw out ) wich I highly recomand.
-Genuine saab : 244,80 US Dollars
- Sachs : 209,50
I don't know the difference between them. But, at a saab dealer in europa,I've paid 250 USD only for the clutch disk !

1 - 3 of 3 Posts