Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys n gals,

Please can someone navigate me - Newly SaabStruck - around the climate control panel...It seems to have a life of its own...

When I turn the ignition, the climate control fires up with full fans, and all vents and holes and things pushing out max amounts of air...

So I change it to No. 1 fan speed and vents !

Next time I turn the ignition, I lose my latest trendy hairstyle again...

Is there a memory setting thingy anywhere?

Any help appreciated...

BTW, can anyone tell me when the gathering is in Tamworth..having been through about 50 pages of name lists, and dates etc...I cannot seem to find the actual bit that says when and where...

Ray

·
Registered
330 Posts
V8,
Just read thru' the 89 MY' owners manual & it doesn't say (or i'm blind as a bat ) anything about saving the settings,just that it remembers the last "selected temperature" but it would seem it goes to 'max blow' I get the same problem in the CSE, so i just turn the thing off.
G
P.s if you dont have a owners manual,you can have mine if you want

·
Registered
360 Posts
Get the system how you want to save it, then ...
Press "Air to windscreen" (Defroster) and "Air to side vents" (Panel) buttons simulaneously. The display and LEDs should start flashing.
Takes effect once the ignition has been turned off for more than 4 minutes (i.e. if you turn the ig off and on again quickly, you might loose your new settings).
(Names in brackets are Saab's official names for the buttons).

To reset to standard ...
Press the OFF and AUTO buttons simultaneously. (Things start flashing).

Hope this helps
Mike

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the info...

I don't have an owners manual, so if you are willing to post it to me, I would be delighted.
I can send you the money for the P&P...

Thanks for the settings info. Press the buttons & Things start 'flashing' - sounds like a girl I know...

Regards, Ray

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
Originally posted by V8Mondo:
[qb]BTW, can anyone tell me when the gathering is in Tamworth..having been through about 50 pages of name lists, and dates etc...I cannot seem to find the actual bit that says when and where...

Ray [/qb][/b]
No problem, it's next Sunday 13th:

12-00pm Meeting up at the A5/M42 Granada Services.

Then at around 1pm on to:

The Tame Otter
Hints Rd Hopwas
Tamworth Staffordshire
B78 3AB

I spoke to the Landlord, the pub has space for up to 70 cars but he warned me that it can get very busy on a Sunday and can reserve a table but not a parking area for us.  Providing we can get there for around 1pm we should be OK.

Facilities

Full menu on Sunday's inc. childrens menu
Outdoor seating
Good roads nearby
Anyway, please let me know if you want a sit down meal by next Sunday (5th April) so I can reserve a table. Unfortunately there's no specific childrens play area at the pub, but it's only a 5 minute drive from the snowdome, bowling alley and Castle pleasure grounds (which has a kiddies play area) if thats any consolation.  

Directions from A5/M42 services:

Depart Granada Services

1) Turn RIGHT (West) onto A5 towards Tamworth
2) After approx 3.5 miles exit the A5 LEFT at the Tamworth exit, the exit ramp will take a sharp turn towards a roundabout in a shopping area.
3) Go straight on at the roundabout towards the town cetre. Sainsbury's & McDonalds will be on your left.
4) At the next roundabout, take the 2nd exit LEFT, which will take you over a river bridge.
5) At the next roundabout take the first exit LEFT onto the A5 towards Lichfield.
6) The entrance for the The Tame Otter is located on a side road just before the steep canal bridge.[/b]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts