Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16,524 Posts
If you find that the bulbs are OK (there are 3) you may have the "missing pixel" problem.

Written instructions on how to get inside the ACC unit and try a fix are here . Sorry, there are no pictures (yet).

The first bit of the instructions will get you to the bulbs anyway.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Sorry to be a little 'picky' here, but there are 4 bulbs and holders inside the ACC control unit. I should know, because I've got one open in my hand now!
Small and insignificant point I know. I'll slap my own wrists and get my anorak on!!!

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
Sgould's post refers to the 9-5 ACC. The 9000 ACC is quite different. In the ACC2 units in my '95 and '96s, there are three bulbs, accessed by removing the six cross-head screws securing the front panel and unclipping the panel. Older units may have a different number of bulbs.

The bulb holders can be removed by turning anticlockwise. You can simply throw away the entire bulb/holder assemblies and replace with new units, available at your Saab dealer for loadsamoney, or remove the wire-ended bulbs from the holders and replace with part number WQ13 from Maplin at 79p each (or £6.70 for 10).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.