Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I'm back again for more advise

I have a 93/L 9000 CSE 2.0 Turbo (LPT), it has air con, but with manual controls. I'd like to replace this with climate control, I've just bought a climate control unit off eBay for £10.

I'm fairly sure I won't be lucky enough to just plug it in. Does anyone know which other parts I will have to get my hands on to complete the change?

Many thanks in advance

Rich

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
You know saab built 9000's by hanging the heating system on a hook and then building the entire car around that??

I think you will find that you'll need to pretty much rebuild the dash using a doner acc car (and the rear doors).

Andrew

·
Registered
454 Posts
According to a recent post this is mission impossible, you need to add all the sensors and also the stepper motors to move the flaps automatically etc etc. You will need to put the panel back on eBay or sell it in the sales/wants here.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Blimey, I never thought it would be such a difficult task. I thought a few motors might of been needed, but never even thought about the rear doors.

Oh well, guess I'll be staying with the manual controls for now

Thanks all for your advise,

Cheers,

Rich

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.