Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I must have nudged the 'roof' switch as I locked the car yesterday, because the sunroof was opened just enough to allow yesterday's rain to get into the car. It managed to soak the headlining pretty well.

The headlining's dried, but there's a tide mark right across the centre. Can anyone recommend the best method to clean this? I understand moisture should be kept to a minimum to avoid the risk of shrinking the headlining.

Thanks in advance for any advice offered.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hi Matthew.

I have just cleaned the smoke/nicotine stains from my headlining with a little fairy liquid in some warm water. This worked well - stains gone and no damage to the headlining.

Get a face cloth, wet it in the water and then squeeze out most of it, so it is just damp. Rub the headlining with the cloth then 'dab' dry with a towel.

As usual try a small area first.

Although you should try not to get the headlining 'wet', it will need to be just a little damp to let the fairy get into the cloth and take out the stain - Its a bit of a balancing act.

It you have no joy with this you can use some 'Household soap' (Not the sort you use in the bath - Look in the detergent/washingpowder section of the supermarket) This stuff will shift almost any stain. You use it in the same way - wet your cloth rub some soap on the cloth, then rub the headlining. Again, towel dry.

Good Luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.