Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a brand new clarion system, due to new type connections on the back of my new system, I purchased a standard iso lead from halfords and chopped on end and attached the cable that came with the new system. But guess what the loom in my saab which is in 2 parts, one of the part seems to have an extra block with a yellow cable coming out of it. The clarion system in the car is the type which is standard in all saab 9000s from 1995, mine is 1997 p 9000cse. Does anyone out there know how I can sort this out, or know of where I can get a loom to fit this. By the way the loom from halfords was specially for a 900/9000, so before anyone suggest that I have already done that. The loom in my car is a grey colour block and a orange colour block in 2 parts. Please please help. Also does anyone know is the colour code on the wires standard.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
The double plug is the standard ISO radio connection. I'm not sure what the other plug would be, have you got a boot CD changer, or any form of remote stereo controls? Generally the only extra plugs on the back of a stereo would be one of these two options, though I'm no expert on Saab systems, maybe someone else out there knows more.

Neil

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
I'm not sure what the extra block/wire is other than concidering thinks like leccy aerial wire or phone volume cut wire.

one block of 8 is the 4 speaker and earths
one block has earth, +ve, switched +ve, aerial, (phone mute?), (backlighting?)

The saab blocks are labeled I'll see if I can dig them out.

Andrew

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
On my 97 CSE with the standard saab stereo I found that one of the DIN plugs was the right size but the other was too long... tracing it back I found that the wiring for the saab system included the CD iwring and there was another DIN standard plug buried in the wiring loom.

Steve

1 - 4 of 4 Posts