Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I upgraded my saab factory fitted Clarion radio cassette and cd changer on 1997 9000. Unfortunately I am getting some funny noise interferance through the speakers and occassionally the back left speaker sounds blown. My mate who fitted it in managed to figure all the wiring however he could not figure out the yellow cable from the car, I said its probally the telephone mute and only when he fitted this to the live would speakers work at first they wouldn't even come on. Any ideas I think it is wired incorrectly if anyone has a cable diagram for saab wiring we can check against to make sure it works, it is really frustating me.

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Tahir

The 1997 9000 uses the standard ISO connectors. On my 1997 one of the connectors used by the saab fitted system is too large but it simply links back to the normal sized ISO connector in the wiring loom.

Unless you have cut/re-wired these then any stanrd radio unit should just plug in and work.

The YELLOW connector on ISO plugs is the always on power line (i.e. not via the ignition switch.)

Steve

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.