Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I would pass this along for anyone who has disconnected their battery and put in the wrong code and locked out their Clarion. Same should apply for replacing your radio.

If you enter the wrong code three times, the radio will lock you out. Some have suggested pulling the radio out for one hour or disconnecting the battery(the dealer suggested both to me). Since we drive the smartest cars in the world, I knew the answer had to be more "intelligent" than the dealer's suggestions.

Turn the key on to the battery setting and turn on the radio.(it will buzz and show the last code put in). Let it run for one hour. After one hour, push the band button for three seconds. The
"code" will show for you to enter the correct code. Enter it and the radio will immediately come on. Suggestion: Go mow the yard or watch TV for the hour unless you like listening to a buzzing radio).

If you do not have your radio code, pull the unit out and inspect the metal casing. Most times the code(4 digits)is written on the case. If not, take the car to your local friendly Saab dealer and he can look up the code immediately and give it to you with proof of ownership. There is usually no charge, since he wants to get additional business down the road from you.

To pull the radio out, get to wire hangers and form each into the shape of a horseshoe approximately three inches long. Push both into the four slots on each side of the radio.(this releases the plastic pins that hold the radio in place). Slowly pull out the radio using the wires. You put the radio back in(take the wires out)by inserting and gently
pushing until the plastic pins grab the unit.

Hope this helps anyone who has tried everything else to get their radio working. This also is helpful is you have trouble programming your stations. This will scramble any previous settings and you can enter new ones.

I love Saabs, dah-da, dah-da,...DAH-DA!!! ---wherewolfe

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have a '95 Aero with an HK (Clarion) system, and the process of re-installing the code isn't difficult at all. You simply depress the "band" button for a few seconds and it recycles, ready for you to try again. There is no need to wait, disconnect the battery or unit, or go through any other weirdness to get up and running again.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You are exactly right if all you need to do is inter the code after disconnecting the battery.
My point is for those of us who do not remember their code and try THREE times unsuccessfully to enter the correct code. That's when the radio will lock you out and your band button will not response to enter the "code" indicator.

wherewolfe

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.