Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got to work a little early this morning as I had quite an entertailing tussle (game of tag) with a civic type R.

He caught up with me in a 40mph zone and proceeded to 'slipstream my bumper'. At the GLF sign I boot the Carly and open up a gap up the hill but don't go to mad speeds. He then reels me back in. I pass two or three cars, each time leaving letting him follow.

We then get to a 2 mile straight and i pass a couple more cars but not going silly let him pass in the last 1/2 mile (when he catches up).

I then follow him the next 15 miles, letting him take risky overtakes and then just passing the cars quickly and safely re appearing behind him abruptly to his surprise.

He then decides to push it a bit more and starts to get a bit ragged around the corners and I could see he was getting a bit flustered that this 12 year old tank was effortlessly mashing his pride and joy.

Don't think he's so happy now. Next time I may drop it to 4th and really show him.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
originally posted by Scaero owner:
 Don't think he's so happy now. Next time I may drop it to 4th and really show him.  [/b]

Not so long ago I had a tussle with a Mini Cooper S in 5th gear. If he had known that, I think that he would have shown me more respect when I let him pass. Happened to be close to the spot where I was clocked at 125MPH ( ).

·
Registered
348 Posts
And I was totally killed by a Mini Cooper ONE on a small road a few weeks ago... my suspension just couldn´t keep up.

Just for the record: I drive a 225 hp Viggen.

Yours,

Philip

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
Drove one of my manager's Accord Type R a couple of months ago......what a pile of junk..

Uncomfortable, gutless under what seemed like 5000 rpm and horrid plasticky interior ..... luvverly steering feel though..

·
Registered
7 Posts
living in the US, I have an '88 SPG as my toy car to play with and restore as $$ permits, and daily drive a 95 civic EX ( in the us the ex is one step below the SI, which is a atep below the R) It gets everywhere I want it to, and gets amazing gas mileage....BUT if I want to have a fun ride and want that neat thing called TORQUE I drive the SPG!!!
Girlfriend has an 88 900t that is stock and she leaft it in 4th as we went through a set of lights with 2 lanes. I dropped the civic to 2nd and she just effortlessly leaft me in the dust! not that I was disapointed, she has 345,000 miles and I loved seeing those tailights leave me! all for the SAAB POWER!!!

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Originally posted by Leon (murphwiz):
[qb]Be warned...

I've been told of a Civic Type R... with turbo... and an alledged 350bhp!  

Could be some BSMF going on but who knows!  
 [/qb][/b]
Yes, I agree with you, however, that argument can be made about any car. Twin-turbo Corvettes can be had at 900+ hp. And if Per Eklund's race cars are 2.0 liter's with 700 hp then any of our cars could be made that strong as well. Anything can be done with enough $$$$$.

I am sure you'd agree with me, that a Civic guy would have to spend much more $ to get a similar improvement to what we get with our already turbocharged cars.

Have fun!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts