Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
its never been used, but ive lost it( maybe i threw it out of the window so the mother in law wouldnt be tempted).

Anyone know if u can get a blanking plate for the hole or where i can get another lighter, are they dealer only and how much?

Ta.

·
Registered
11,343 Posts
Hi Andy

I had similar problem with a Classic 900 once. The replacements from Halfords was about £18 and, was ordered specially. It arrived and it did not fir

Same item from a dealer cost around £30, IIRC (though my memory is hazy and I may be wrong)

My advice is to try and get one from a scrapyard if you can.

As for blanking plates? I don't know?

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Yes blanks are available,I got one recently with a new ashtray kit (just before I bought the new dash that came with an ashtray
) I'll try and find the blank,If I can find it you can have it mate

·
Registered
16,524 Posts
Scrapyard?

Win one on a test drive?

Are these things standard? They can't be too different because the electric plugs that use (phone charger, radar alarm, coolbox etc.) them are more or less the same.

If Saab want too much, and they are the same, you might get a full kit form halfords and just use the plug.

·
Registered
11,343 Posts
Originally posted by sgould:
[qb]Are these things standard?  They can't be too different because the electric plugs that use (phone charger, radar alarm, coolbox etc.) them are more or less the same.
[/qb][/b]
You'd be surprised! The Saab map lamp is supplied with a small plastic ring that goes around the plug end to prevent it dropping out of larger siger lighter sockets.

You would rather hope something like this would be a standard size

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Right what about part no:5171889? it doesn't seem to list it for the 9000 on EPC but I can't see why it would not fit? and has anybody got a price for this part no:?

·
Registered
16,524 Posts
Originally posted by /john:
[qb]You'd be surprised!  The Saab map lamp is supplied with a small plastic ring that goes around the plug end to prevent it dropping out of larger siger lighter sockets.

You would rather hope something like this would be a standard size  
 [/qb][/b]
I knew that!

I thought the plastic ring was mainly for american sockets. I've got a few red ones in a drawer somewhere - I've always had to take them off.

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Andy Aero, one of my kind friends has just told me the price of the blank is RRP.89p+vat so it may well be worth you asking your local dealer to get you one,for the sake of one pound or so it's not worth messing around with other options

·
Registered
312 Posts
Is there a difference between American and elsewhere? I think I have an extra lighter in the center console and if so I could send it to you. I use the lighter plugin for my radar detector! One of the little disadvantages of having to watch for the "Revenue Inhancement Force" er..police!

·
Registered
778 Posts
I have a couple of spare lighters, too - I don't smoke and like Griffen, I use the socket for sniffin' bacon! I'd gladly send one over, gratis, for anyone who needs one. They're one of those items, like fuses and relays, that I've liberated from salvage yards.
Because I buy so many larger items, they wont charge me for the little things that would end up exposed to the elements and rusting into oblivion.

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Gents,

Generous as your offers are, they need to be taken offline or placed on the Classifieds section.

We at SSc need to show a consistent approach (fairness) to the AUP and to enable that we can't allow any trades, offers or wanted items on the main forums.

I think this thread has probably run it's course now so will close it.

Andrew

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.