Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At low speed a chirping sound is audible. Not suspension, as it does not change with bumps, as it is a rhythmic noise it seems to be to a wheel related noise?

I would say a bearing or a brake pad binding? I guess I will have to jack it up and spin the wheels.

2005 93 aero soft top

·
Registered
189 Posts
Chirp is often rotor warp. Bearings roar. I would recommend checking runout on the brake rotors on that side.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Chirp is often rotor warp. Bearings roar. I would recommend checking runout on the brake rotors on that side.
Thanks, that's interesting. Checking for wobble I think is not something I can easily do myself though

There's no vibration from the steering so I guess I'll wait a few months and see if anything gets worse

N

·
Registered
189 Posts
Thanks, that's interesting. Checking for wobble I think is not something I can easily do myself though

There's no vibration from the steering so I guess I'll wait a few months and see if anything gets worse

N
A local brake shop can check the runout on the rotors and possibly cut them level for you. Here there are parts stores that have rotor mills and it is pretty inexpensive to have them cut.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts