Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if any of the other available ECUs (Abbott, SpeedParts, etc) for 2000 9-5 aero AUTO trans limit the torque in first and second gears? ChipCenter seems to be the only option that has a lower torque number for the auto than the manual trans. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
From what I understand, all the tuners have a lower boost setting in the entire program versus the manual trans program. I would assume what is too strong in the lower gears could also wreck a trans in the higher gears as well.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Maptun www.maptun.com should have the option of custom set torque limits. I dont know their availebility to a 9-5 aero aut, but it is a place to chech out. If you cant find what you are looking for on their website, email Fredrik
[email protected] for more information on their products.

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
I agree with Vigge. When I asked Maptun about customisation, they said I could specify any boost limit in any gear, even varying the boost limit at different RPM in every gear. I'm sure that if you don't know what you want in terms of boost limit, they'll be able to choose sensible parameters for your particular situation.

Naturally, being reckless, I asked them to impose no boost limit in any gear except 1st, which they advised me (very strongly) to retain. I must agree with their reasoning on that one. Regardless of my decent suspension setup and grippy tyres, in boost-limited 1st gear I get as much wheelspin as I can eat

1 - 5 of 5 Posts