Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
185bhp - 220 bhp been quoted £600 - is this reasonable

any others done it cheaper.

(only use the car as a runaround - but do love it)
has 147,000 miles but FSH, and in my 2 years with it - no major problems.

trouble is cars not worth £2000 - but loath to change it as its so good.

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
Quoted by whom....???
Maptun, Speedparts, Abbott Racing or Hirsch..???

For example Abbott website quote £460+VAT for +40hp ECU upgrade.
Elkparts quote £356+VAT for Speedparts +42hp ECU upgrade.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
aeropilot - it was an independant saab dealer.
(obviously they are making a nice profit out of it)

does anyone know a good place up near yorkshire - that I could try ?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Abbott are pricey on their quoted prices. But they are amenable to a haggle and this usually gets a positive response. Owners club members will get about 10% off if you tell them you're a member and ask for a discount, so if you can squeeze a bit more out (I've managed this both times I've been there) then this does make them pretty well comparable really.

Then it's down to the usual "who gives you better/more power/torque" sort of debate as much discussed on this site.

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Originally posted by Mark R:
[qb]Abbott are pricey on their quoted prices. But they are amenable to a haggle and this usually gets a positive response. [/qb][/b]
Really
They have just told me the G17 turbo on their website at £630 + vat is now £795 + vat, seems the haggling can go the wrong way sometimes

·
Registered
258 Posts
That's the way it goes sometimes and it seems you were unlucky on that particular part. But they don't make this themselves, so I expect they have to pass on rises from suppliers. They won't be the only one who'se advertised price has changed and all suppliers have disclaimers on this sort of thing anyway - not just them.

On something they do make, I got £70 off an intake pipe from them recently which they quoted by e-mail at £295 + VAT but which the site said was £225 + VAT. Given that was an ad they could have fobbed me off with an excuse about it being an error and £295 was the real price as ad prices displayed are not legally binding on the seller.

Not only did they agree £225 as the price for that bit but gave 10% off as well for Saab owners club discount. There's been a fair bit of slagging them for their prices - sometimes justified - but sometimes not, and where they can discount, they do, in my experience. And in this case, fair play to them 'cos that was quite a saving - nearly £100, or 1/3rd, in total.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Sorry, edited my post for usual cr*pness of spelling and your reply beat me to it, cosmic, so my post might appear different to that you originally saw a few minutes back.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts