Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been pricing a fuel chip for my LH 2.2 ('87 9000T) get one from the UK it will cost me $300 AU (BSR) to take the power/torque up 30% or so (stock is 160 HP 230ish nM i think). I have a modified APC that is peak 15psi and has no boost fade at redline (in other words, only knock will reduce boost below 15psi)...
no, the 2nd part.
I have priced 2 different ECU's that can be put in my car, that are re-mappable from my laptop.
both are from Wolf EMS. Wolf3D v4 and v4 are the ones i am looking at.

V3 is $500 AU
V4 is $1000 (and a lil bit)
all + instalation and/or mapping on dyno.

They will be able to control WI and/or IC spray, boost, ignition timing (turn my car to the equivilent of a DI car if i want.)
check the specs on the site and tell me what you lot think i should do.
oh yeah.. both Wolf ECU's can be set up with 2 maps, and while running, flick a switch to change maps, eg. go from cruising LPT economy, to full on stage 6 maptun performance.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think once i have the money, i will get a v4 unless anyone reccomends not to... also the LH 2.2 will be left hooked up for various functions (ie. idle control, A/C control, and fuel readouts etc) while the wolf system will be controlling fuel and ignition.... i like the 'on the run' swap-of-map ability i was told about! i think possible a 5th injector would be installed and used in the performance mode....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts