Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That is exactly what it is. A prototype. I think this is the only one made (a converted '89t). It toured the Saab car show scene in '90 (i think) but Saab dropped it before production. I don't know why 'cause it's a beautiful car. The 9k looks great as a coupe. I bet they would have sold a bunch!

It's owned by a guy that I think worked for the company that converted it for Saab. I saw it on ebay about a year and a half ago but I guess it didn't sell because he's got it back up for sale again. He wants 14k for it. I don't think you could insure it or certainly not reasonable. If anything ever happend to the body (other than sheet metal) or glass you would have to have it manufactured. I suppose you could just let it sit in your garage but I don't see the point in owning any vehicle you couldn't

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
Originally posted by Harry Lake:
[qb]There's a CSE coupe being offered in Holland at the moment. See
 http://makeashorterlink.com/?Y21135F26  

Click on the link to the right of where it says "Foto's".

Personally I don't think it's as attractive as a nice white 4-door...

Harry [/qb][/b]
I think I like it!

Of course you are right about the white 9000's being the best

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
The CSE coupe looks a far more complete car than the 89 car. The 89 car looks too short, a bit too angular at the rear and the big front spoiler makes it look very nose-heavy. The Ford Scorpio wheels also make it look very dated.

The CSE coupe, well, it should have been made.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Originally posted by Kev Mc:
[qb] QUOTE
Originally posted by Harry Lake:
[qb] There's a CSE coupe being offered in Holland at the moment. See
  http://makeashorterlink.com/?Y21135F26    

Click on the link to the right of where it says "Foto's".

Personally I don't think it's as attractive as a nice white 4-door...

Harry [/qb][/b]
I think I like it!

Of course you are right about the white 9000's being the best [/qb][/b][/quote]Same to you Kevin. I attach or enclose the original picture that the site carried yesterday.

Oh, all right then, I can't. Can attachments be sent to Saabscene?

Anyone want the pic (a side view), let me know.

Sorry I also don't know how to leave out the image Kevin posted.

Cheers all,

Harry

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
I like both of them and the early car looks very clean for its age. Has the B pillar been moved and the door extended back - difficult to see from the angle. The 9000 looks so mucgh more user friendly under the bonnet than the 900/9-3. I am sure I will go back to one at some point.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by LocoSaab:
[qb]I like both of them and the early car looks very clean for its age. Has the B pillar been moved and the door extended back - difficult to see from the angle. The 9000 looks so mucgh more user friendly under the bonnet than the 900/9-3. I am sure I will go back to one at some point. [/qb][/b]
Yes they did move the B pillar and fabricated the doors. It would be a nice car to have but if it was ever wrecked your on your own.

And I think the 9k's are much easier to work on than the 900's. Even though many 900's have the same engine as the 9k's they sit in the engine bay at 90 degrees and slighty tilted right. I've worked on both and I prefer the 9k but since I own a 9k my opinion could be tainted.

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
Originally posted by chucktv:
[qb] QUOTE
Originally posted by LocoSaab:
[qb] Just imagine the faces if you took it to the main dealer asking for a replacement door because the bottoms had rusted through    
          [/qb][/b]
I'd almost pay to see that! [/qb][/b][/quote]Yup, especially as we're talking 9000s here not C900s!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.