Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

Just got a 1994 2.3T Griffin (today), and the only actual problem apart from cosmetic touches is with the info display on dashboard.
The display says: "Check Radiator Level"

Water seem topped up OK, but light warning still on. Sometimes it flashes on and off, and sometimes it dissapears altogther for a few seconds.

Any ideas please??

Thankyou,
Andy

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello David (or anyone)

Thankyou for reply but as I say, I am not mechanically minded.
What or where is a sender (exactly) or how could it be checked to see if it is that please?.
(are the expensive?)

Thankyou,
Andy.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry, forgot to mention that engine doesn't have to be on. The "Check Radiator Level" light come on and STAYS on purely by turning the ignition key round so that the display lights up.

The word "engine" come on for a couple of seconds (between the words "check" and "radiator" but that then goes out and stays out.

Does this help anyone diagnose for me in laymans terms please?

Can I fix it if very simple ?

Thankyou,
Andy.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
I haven't had anything to do with the radiator coolant sensor but I'm guessing that it's sticking and thus giving false readings or poor wiring connections to it.

If I'm understanding the parts catalogue correctly, it's underneath going into the expansion tank.

Someone will correct me if this is balls!

It shouldn't be too hard to investigate, pull the connector off and see what happens if you short the terminals, it'll do one of three things:-

1. the check light won't change
2. the check light will clear
3. the car will blow up

If it's 1, then this is not the problem, if 2. then it *is* the problem, if 3 happens then given your proximity, I figure you'll have other problems to address that this will no longer be a problem.

David.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.