Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The "Check Engine" warning legend has lit up while driving along.

The owners manual says this is an ignition or fuel injection fault but the car runs fine, pulls strongly, revs to limit.

I'm currently disconnecting the battery for 30 mins to see if this resets things, but if this does'nt fix it any ideas ??

Cheers

·
Registered
203 Posts
Mine did this when the autobox kicked down into 3rd during an overtaking manoeuvre. It stayed lit for about 15 minutes then went off, has never come back on since....Gave me a bit of a shock though, I could almost feel my wallet emptying

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's a 1994 AERO

I will check the code's & thanks for help.

I was just on the way home from the dentist having had the "big drill", it was snowing, I was late for work and then the "Check engine" light came on.

I could hear my credit card whimpering.

I've driven 30 miles to work with no sign of any warning lights, so hopefully if I don't think about it, the problem will go away.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I got the check engine warning at the week-end too. All seemed fine so I drove on & hey presto it disappeared after about 5 miles.

I put it down to a connection issue with the recent cold snap. Ironic on a Saab

·
Registered
244 Posts
Might be way off the mark and talking bullocks (so what's new? ), but, there are one or two places I drive past regularly where the check engine light comes on, the car hesitates ever so slightly for a couple of hundred yards and then goes back to normal. Someone (sorry, can't remember who...senility setting in )on the board said it was possibly a radio transmitter breaking in to the relatively sensitive electrics. I now just relax about it. Happens quite near Avebury....spooky
, or what?

bill

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.