Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 'Check Engine' light came on last night. So I stopped the car and opened the bonnet. As I suspected the engine was still there.

Flippancy aside - the light flashes 4 times which I believe is the low coolant level sensor ? ( the coolant level is fine, as is the oil level and the engine runs smooth as ever ).

So I presume it is a dodgy sensor that is at fault.Does anyone know where the coolant level sensor is located ?
Many thanks

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Hello,

4 flashes is not level but tempurature.

4 flashes - Coolant temperature sensor[/b]
I only know of one coolant temprature sensor and that is just under where the right hand radiator hose joins the rear right of the engine head.

Under that hose at the thermostate housing there is a small sensor/sender which should have a flat circular head for a lucas connector.

Andrew

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Andrew,

Thanks for the reply.

Just been out to look at the car and there is a slight coolant leak coming from the hose where it goes into the engine block. So I presume the coolant may be leaking out and perhaps interfering with the sensor. Think I will try to tighten up the jubilee clips first to see if that does the trick, or possibly replace the pipe.
Just started car and the light did not come on.

Many thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts