Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the way home from work today, my check engine light appeared on my 96 9000 2.0lpt (stage 1).
The weather is terrible with lots of water lying on the road, and it appeared after I pulled out of a junction and spun my wheels.

What would I need to check or inspect, I'm a tad on the worried side!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Same happened to me shortly after my upgrade, light came on a couple of times one weekend but always went out again after a few mins. has not come back on in almost a year, unless it stays on I guess you should'nt worry, I'm sure someone will be along to correct me if i'm wrong!

Steve

·
Registered
16,524 Posts
The Check Engine Light will come on when the engine sensors have a discrepancy in their readings detected by the ECU.

A code will be stored and the CEL may stay on. However if the light is triggered by a temporary condition (fuel cap left off, sensors under water, etc), you may have the light still on as the fault is still stored in memory. Disconnecting the battery will clear the memory.

The time to worry is when the light comes back on with the same fault after the memory has been cleared.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The problem is the intake air temperature sensor on the the delivery pipe, I've taken it out, cleaned it, replaced and the problem is still occuring.

Unfortunately I have to drive it around when I don't want to. I will try this evening when my dad returns from work and try the sensor from his

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes, I diagnosed the problem with the flashes of CEL. The connections are visibly sound, I even tried the sensor from my dads 9000 and the problem still showed but has gone again (the wire is now at a different angle) and hasn't re-appeared yet.

What confused me is that the problem only started yesterday whilst driving in torrential rain

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.