Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
Can anyone remember the significance of the check engine light, when it flashes 6 times? It started after I had to jump start the car- (9000 2.3lpt auto, 1994).
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
776 Posts
whoops, put some petrol in, and it mysteriously starts, must have run too low naughty me...

but... as for this 6 flash lambda thing, is it a garage job? how long should it take ?, or cost of part please ( if in fact it is lambda - car it a bit jump and low revs, low speed etc, and the DI unit, plugs, filter and oil all recently checked and OK )

thanks
Andy

·
Registered
778 Posts
Might not be the O2 sensor - there are a host of things that will give the CEL 6 flashes: fuel pressure (check the hoses that run from the FPR to the intake manifold, and from the MAP sensor), air leakage ahead of the O2 sensor (check the downpipe mounting bolts), and even letting the fuel tank run dry can set the thing off. Have someone hook an ISAT or TechII up, pull the codes, and go from there before replacing the O2 sensor - they're not cheap!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Check out that it isn't just a duff message. I got a MAP sensor error flash up - after disconnecting the battery to replace a clutch hose.

Disconnected negative again for 1/2 an hour (thanks to Mark E for the advice) and away went the problem. Cheap fix, worth a try...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.