Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there everyone need a little help with my 89 reg 9000cde 2.0ltr turbo automatic.
Car went in for a service the other day and now the rev-counter needle jumps about and the check engine light flashes every couple of seconds. Only starts to do all this after about two miles, does'nt do it when car is just ticking-over only when driving

Service was done at a local garage next to were i work, not a saab garage.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Welcome to SaabScene

They could have knocked off one of the vacuum hoses - and there are plenty in there - although I'd expect that to show up at idle too. More likely with the CEL coming on they've knocked one of the engine sensors. If it's only just be done I'd pop back to the garage and explain - see if it rings any bells.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the info Steve but car has been back twice now and no joy. They even changed the spark-plugs again because the first set they fitted were the wrong type.
Started to check the pipes and just about every connection but ran-out of time at work so will keep looking tomorrow.

btw this is a great site for info,,,,,where have i been ?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.