·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From Abbott to supply and fit:
£700.00 for springs and dampers
£251.00 for all bushes including engine mounts
Please note prices are plus VAT.

I have got the engine mounts sorted already but this still looks a lot of cash. Car is a 9000 turbo 1990MY with 110k, new clutch, timing chain, head gasket, turbo rebuild . Any alternative thoughts/experience on springs and dampers?

thanks,

Bill

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
Koni adjustable shocks you can buy in most places and work well.

Springs- PI are an alternative, plus there's the like of Trent who I think do them. I think they are one of the things where it is worth perhaps paying a little extra.

Bushes- Most are available as stock parts from Powerflex- Elkparts can supply. One word tho- I got just the bushe sfor the front butterflies and although much cheaper than the Abbott option, they are ONLY the bushes, not the cast housings as well. If as I suspect they will be (like mine)old and slightly perished rubber, it s a *&^%$£" of a job to get the old ones out, so you could end up paying almost as much in labour.

As for the transformatiopn compared to a stock model, it's total. If you're serious about wanting to drive your car hard at all, this is a must. I've had mine round the track at Abbott's last day and where I really caught up with folk was in the corners- you really can get through them a LOT faster . To quote one of the guys from Abbott "Jesus you were f$*%ing fast!

Another thing to consider is the uprated anti-rolls if you've only got the 18mm model.

If you need any convincing of the transformation, you could always pop along and try mine.

Mark

·
Registered
102 Posts
Saab Reading sold me a 'handling kit' which was supposedly an option on the 9000 and is equivalent(identical?) to Aero suspension.

I was expecting:
a) Better quality than aftermarket
B) Better compromise between bone-shaking performance and silky-smooth comfort
c) Less obvious upgrade so I didn't tell my insurance (yes - I know - we've been through that before)

It does feel good without being too harsh, but its nothing radical.

Special deal of £410 I think

1 - 3 of 3 Posts