Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Just a quickie to say I was in Costco (Glasgow branch) a wee while ago and they were doing 4 litres of Mobil 1 for £23. This pissed me off a bit 'cos I'd just paid £39 for the same thing in Halfords a few days before. I bought some anyway, for next time. Seems a good price.
They were also doing two 4 litre packe of Castrol Magnatec fully synth for about £26.
Ohh , and 4litres of Wonder Wheels for £13.
Sorry for the free advert for the cynical Wal Mart corporation but others may be interested.
Cheers.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
My local Kwik Fit do a full Mobil 1 0-40W change on my 9k Aero for £25 ! They have a big drum and I watch them doing the change. No brainer really as I dont need to life a finger (apart from punching the numbers in the switch machine)

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Have to admit that that's pretty cheap for proper Mobil 1 oil (assuming it is), but I've seen too many things which have been damaged by KwikFit to ever go near them again. A friend used to have his own car servicing business and I used to help him sometimes. I've seen exhausts done up so tight and bolts mis-threaded and still done up with air-guns and resulting in badly damaged threads etc. That was enough to put me off forever. I do it myself and know exactly how it's been done (and that's carefully and properly). Shame in a way as there is one within 30 seconds of my office.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I use the Costco Glasgow branch on occasion and found the same as wulbert.Very good on tyres-they fit.Buy tyres FIRST take car to fitting bay and then go round shop for oil,Bosch batteries etc.Also had commercial level trolley jack from there.Costs £23 to join plus vat.-not sure if you have to be a trader or get a friend with membership to take you.
John

1 - 7 of 7 Posts