Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
one of the bulbs has gone in the ACC unit and I want to replace it.
I prised the unit out last night to have a look to see what sort of bulb but it looks like it needs opening up.
Anyone know what sort of bulb it takes ?

Does it need resetting or anything if unplugged ?

cheers

Gary

·
Registered
283 Posts
Hi Gary,
Once you have the unit out, undo the screws to remove the back part of the unit, Carefully separate them but they are still joined by a ribbon cable but you will be able to see the back of the circuit board of the front control unit. There are 4, I think, grey plastic holders in this circuit board which come out easily by turning the holder through 90 degrees. The bulbs sit in these and can be replaced from Saab as complete bulbs and holders but I dare say that Maplins would sell just the bulbs which can be separated from the holders quite easily. Hope this helps

·
Registered
125 Posts
the bulbs for teh ACC unit are £5.70 ish from the dealers! You need 3 of them in total. I doubt that you could conjure something up from maplin for this unit.
On another subject,I foolishly bought the seat switch light repair kits! Cost me £20 and only used the bulbs! I binned the rest of the bits because they did not go anywhere (as far as I could see). Here is a case for going to Maplin for the bulbs because I had to solder them in and painted them green with a permanent marker pen.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I find that on my ACC unit, from time to time, the lights go out from one side of the unit. If you press the unit or leave it for a while the lights come back on by themselves. Dogdy connection I assume.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.