Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy New Year to all from an infrequent poster!
My fuel cap central locking sounds like a
"machine gun" when locking the car. All other servos work properly and a cursory inspection of the "machine gun" reveals no obvious faults.
Any suggestions?
Regards
Carey

·
Registered
11,343 Posts
Originally posted by Mark in Ireland:
[qb]Sounds like a chattering relay, is the central locking covered by one relay only or might there be two? [/qb][/b]
I don't think so. Similar thing happened on one of the doors of my classic 900. Suspect more likely to be a dodgy central locking servo thing for that door ...or in the case the petrol flap.

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
If you hold the flat open, can you see the pin firing in and out?

Also, is the fuel cap closing fully?

Alternativly, you can disconnect it like the '93 Aero's came. That way you can lock the car and then fill up without fear of theft.

Andrew.

·
Registered
662 Posts
inside the c/locking ECU(above pedals)there are two electro-magnetic switches.when charged,they open and close(i presume one to open the locks and one to close them.)ive seen many times with this kind of switch the "tang"of metal that gets pulled against the coil(completing the curcuit)gets a build up of sooty stuff(technical term).this can make the switch"arc"causing more sooty stuff and the switch gets twitchy.try cleaning the end of the tangs and end of coil(where it touches the tang with emery paper.i fold a narrow strip in half,then slip between the two surfaces then put pressure on the tang.pull and push the emery up and down,thus cleaning both parts together.this also worked perfect on my dash lights reostat dash.hope this is helpfull.
simon.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Originally posted by Scaero (Maptun stg3):
That way you can lock the car and then fill up without fear of theft.
QUOTE]
wha? they steal things at your local garage while your actually stood next to the car?

my local garage still has a man to clean your windscreen and check your oil if you ask
i guess he'd help if some robbing dog came along too...

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
wha? they steal things at your local garage while your actually stood next to the car?  [/b]
around our way they have been known to steal the wheels from your car while your filling up, that's how quick they have become, I have been told that they teach it at school these days.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts