Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all !
I’ve got a saab 9-3 , 2006 vector sport 1.9 tid, now recently the car has started to have a rough idle , but after a couple of minutes it’s gone and everything it seems to be alright, at least that’s what I’ve been thinking. Now this week I’ve had the check engine light come on twice , I went to the garage the mechanic did a diagnostic on the car and apart from one error for cooling fan relay which starts in 2 position instead of first he has told me everything is fine and I shouldn’t worry. Now with the second time check engine light came on I definitely think that something is wrong with it and I don’t know where to look anymore, if anyone knows something about it or had similar issues it would be very much appreciated!! Thank you !

·
Super Moderator
2,701 Posts
Cornel,

My '08 TTID always runs a bit rough after starting, especially first start of the day. This clears if I give it a bit of revs. I get a bit of smoke then it clears. I do have a long term problem with the DPF clogging up. I have to do an 'Off car' clean with caustic about every 500 miles.

Paul @ Kippen

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cornel,

My '08 TTID always runs a bit rough after starting, especially first start of the day. This clears if I give it a bit of revs. I get a bit of smoke then it clears. I do have a long term problem with the DPF clogging up. I have to do an 'Off car' clean with caustic about every 500 miles.

Paul @ Kippen
I get that a lot from people that drive diesel cars , and I understand she’s 15 now but , in compare to yours , my one does that to every start , I mean whenever the engine got cold , when you start again it has that rough idle , now honestly I’ve been asking around see if I get somewhere and I’ve got answers like MAP sensor, or swirl flaps ,or vacuum , either injectors being on their way to go (something about one of the injectors remaining in the open position and once it warms up the engine goes back on original position) . Now as I’ve said no error codes whatsoever about any of the above mentioned, the only one was cooling fan relay , I’ve purchased the part now I’m waiting for delivery and hopefully somewhere next week get it done and see how she behaves . Thank you for sharing your thoughts and experiences with your car tough 🙏🙏🙏🙏 very much appreciated!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello to all !
I’ve got a saab 9-3 , 2006 vector sport 1.9 tid, now recently the car has started to have a rough idle , but after a couple of minutes it’s gone and everything it seems to be alright, at least that’s what I’ve been thinking. Now this week I’ve had the check engine light come on twice , I went to the garage the mechanic did a diagnostic on the car and apart from one error for cooling fan relay which starts in 2 position instead of first he has told me everything is fine and I shouldn’t worry. Now with the second time check engine light came on I definitely think that something is wrong with it and I don’t know where to look anymore, if anyone knows something about it or had similar issues it would be very much appreciated!! Thank you !
95 TTiD XWD...gets fluctuating rev counter at idle....put bp ultimate in and 50 mile motorway run once a week..sorted

1 - 6 of 6 Posts