Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
driving into work today listening to my old saab stereo system (still waiting for Blaupunkt to write back to me about the C30) I got to thinking... the system I have in has Auto changer capability and the connectors at the back of the unit are fully populated. So - that would indicate that the autochanger cables are already in place and all that is needed is an adaptor cable at the back.

The reason I was thinking along these lines is that there is a Pioneer CD Auto changer system for sale at work for 170 (cost price 350).

So is it just a matter of getting the appropriate adaptors?

Steve

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
Not if it's the original Saab (Clarion) system. Only the Clarion CD changer will work with that. I've seen the 6 CD changer (DC628) for sale new for £149 inc. VAT and delivery. Try Car Audio Direct. I have one of these in one of my 9000s and am very pleased with it (except that I paid about £165 for it).

Some 9000s come with the cable pre-installed (mine didn't, but it came with the changer).

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I didnt' mean putting the CD autochanger onto the existing unit - I was talking about the cables that connect the two. If the system is fully wired in at the front then it would suggest the wiring is there in the loom and is terminated somewhere in the tailgate area. If this is the case then if I get a completely new system I'd like to be able to use the existing front to back cabling if possible so was actually looking for info on the location of the cable at the back of the car.

Steve

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.