Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found in a junkyard today a scraped '88 9000, with a original Saab body kit a strange steering wheel, similar to the one on Carlssons. The kit is the same as the Carlssons, as far as I can see in pictures, because i never saw one because they were not imported in Italy. For sure it's definately original by Saab. It has a low front bumper with two rectangular foglights, four wheel arches (similar to Aero's ones), two side skirts, a rear bumper and a big rear wing, a "T" design. The car is a 2.0L, black.
Well the fact is that the breaker told me that if I had the time to personally remove it from the car, he would had let me for 500 euros, negotiable. I woulnd't be interested in it, but I thought it was a good price for it. If anybody is interested, just let me know and we'll see if it's possible to get the bargain..
Ah, the car had four 16" cross spoke alloys too, but I don't know for how much.
Any ideas about an hypotetical shipping way from Italy to UK?

(edited for spelling...)

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That Talladega had a Citroen ZX on the roof, so the windshield was all cracked... my heart cried when I saw this .

There wasn't the red stripe and the dash was flat plastic black, but otherwise the car was like the one in this thread: http://www.saabscene.co.uk/cgi-bin/ultimat...ic;f=2;t=002566

Same stering wheel and same wheels.

Again, my heart cries thinkin of all that goodness being to be crushed. If somebody wanted some part of it, I could take some part and mail them for the cost.

Gotta check for that APC red box if it had it I bet the breaker has no idea of what it is...

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Talladega didn't get the lowering springs or red APC that the Carlsson got IIRC.  [/b]
Red APC! Yes! here's what I should had been whatching! one never knowwhat Saab can have fitted to its special models, considering that they could change each year and each market!

So I got back today and I looked for it, under the driver's kickpanel (already removed: ...).
I found nothing! I exactly know where APC is in my '87, but there wasn't any kind of APC box in that car, neither red or black. I saw all the stuff should be there (fuel cut off switch, boost sensor, cruise control ECU, all cruise hoses, cruise vacuum sensor...) bot no box, not even its connector. So I looked in the aquarium, I only saw the engine and the ABS ECUs, like my '87.

The windows saied year 88, but the VIN (YS3CD55L7K2009313) say model year 89. Actually, it had DI.

The mystery remains: Where the APC was? was I so ignorant I didn't noticed it was already removed?

Again, if anyone was interested in it, the breaker told he wasn't going to crush the car soon, so he seemed to be quite easy to negotiate with. Just tell me before it's too cold, becaue I should remove it from the car.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I am interested in this body kit if it is for a CD. I am looking since a while for this body kit, but mostly it is for a CC.
If I am not wrong the CARLSSON, TALLADEGA and AIRFLOW bodykits are all the same, and does as well exist for 4 as 5 doors 9000s. Or Talladega only CC? I am not sure anymore.
Can someone give more details about it?

Nicolas

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The car I found is a CC (five doors, with hatch). I don't know if can fit anyway, I dounbt so because even the front bumper is different because '88 didn't had yet the slanted nose of the CDs. Maybe the sideskirts only. Oh, the it's for sure possible to fit the rear wing on a trunk lid instead of an hatch, but I don't know how it could look.

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Originally posted by nd.GRIFFIN:
[qb]I am interested in this body kit if it is for a CD. I am looking since a while for this body kit, but mostly it is for a CC.
If I am not wrong the CARLSSON, TALLADEGA and AIRFLOW bodykits are all the same, and does as well exist for 4 as 5 doors 9000s. Or Talladega only CC? I am not sure anymore.
Can someone give more details about it?

Nicolas [/qb][/b]
The airflow kit was different.

There was a chap (Tony) who had his old Airflow kit at the steam and spare day earlier this year and it was a fair bit different.

Andrew

·
Registered
24 Posts
Stefano,

I thinck the rear wing wouldn't be so bad on my CD's trunk ,and maybe the side skirts only neither... but I can hardly make a trip from Belgium to the UK for a spoiler isn't it?!
For a complete Carlsson/Talladega or Airflow (thanks for the clarification Scaero!)bodykit I would, because here in Belgium it is hard to find.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.