Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
Oh, not that sort...

Second hand, I reckon about £150-£175. New I think the're about £500- if you want to buy new it's as cheap to get one from Abbott I think.

Failing that I've got one spare that I could let you have for a reasonable consideration...

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
Which one? The one that hangs after the downpipe (sort of pre-'96) or the one that's part of the downpipe (sort of '96-on)?

I have a later-style cat/downpipe that came off my Aero. I believe they're the same part for all cars with the combined cat/downpipe. It was working when I took it off.

Euro Car Parts charge around £185 + VAT for the stand-alone cat and around £420 + VAT for the combined cat/downpipe (about dealer price, I seem to recall).

Interestingly, the 3" CatCo sport cat that came with my JT exhaust from Maptun only cost about £200 extra on top of the exhaust.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bubbles...

I'll check it today,but I should have said the car's a H reg (91') 2.3 auto.
I think it's "bolt on" or "stand alone" at the bottom of the down pipe's but not sure,I'll let you know,but if it's the same as the one you have,well how good nick is your's?/how much (inc postage) would you want for it,cheers.

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
If the car is an H plate, it doesn't need a cat... at all! So I'd bypass it. Two options here- buy a prefab one from the usual sources or get a friendly fabricator to knock you up a section (probably cheaper). I did recall someone somewhere cutting the flanges off their cat and then having an appropriate length of pipe welded in the middle.

If you're feeling environmentally conscious though, then how about £80 plus postage? The one I can let you have has just sailed through the MOT- Im sure I've a copy of the print out somewhere. It's a bit rusted on the outside, but then the yall are after a while and 3 out of the four studs have been replaced with bolts, because they rust & seize.

Mark

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I managed to find one,and it's only costing me £30,so it'll do me till I get some "bypass" pipe's made up.
I'm certainly not buying anything from Abbotts,cause they want £95ish for one s/s pipe so the price of 2 from them I can a buy a new (pattern) one from Euro.
Thanks for the response,but know doubt they'll be something else I'll need which I can't get here

1 - 10 of 10 Posts