Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 9000 5 door carly is still for sale(not telling you where) still for £600.It says the condition is "good".Its a 91' one in black.Should i go for it? If no is the answer,i have seen a 2ltr lancia dedra turbo for £695(i know but i need a bit of fun in my old age). Which one? And is the price right?

·
Registered
341 Posts
Hmm two nice cars... I would have to say go with the carly! unless your very familiar with lancia's and all the things that might go wrong with them... they may be very quick however reliability may be an issue.

I guess its down to you at the end of the day thou

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am leaning towards the lancia.The trouble is that the carly is about two hundred miles away from me and is in need of care and atention.The Lancia on the other hand is local and is drivable and has a full MOT.If i do go for the lancia,if anybody wants the telephone number for the carly let me know either by e-mail or "pm" me.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Well If it were me with the choice, I'd pick the Carly.

However, my decision (bottom line) would be whether the parts of the car that would be easily sold, were in good enough condition to recoup my £600. If so then I would consider it well worth the (now measured), risk. Its unlikely to be a nightmare anyway but with this 'insurance', you've covered yourself in the event of worst case scenario.

As far as I can tell from your post, the £600 is easily recoverable so I would jump at it. The distance is a one-off issue. The risk of the reliability of a car (Lancia) that I know little about, is potentially an ongoing issue so I wouldnt consider distance a problem - unless you can't get there of course; in which case, you probably wouldn't be considering the carly at all.

hth

·
Registered
272 Posts
The Lancia looks cheaper now , but you must thing afther , i have a friend who have a Dedra Turbo , it is a never ending story .

When he bought , it was the perfect car , like new , but soon everything starts to broke .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.